Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blog #6

PLN stands for Personal Learning Networks or Professional Learning Networks. In Steven Anderson's video "Building Your PLN- A Primer for Everyone", Anderson explains how PLN is a way for teachers around the country network with each other to share teaching strategies and tips that benefit the students overall education. PLN can also be used to better organize your teaching materials. With PLN you can interview other people to see if they would benefit in your circle to help further your teaching ability. PLN is a very useful tool I plan on using when I begin teaching so it can help me not only be a better teacher but more organized in my workplace. I will be using PLN for my favorite teachers across all spans of schools from elementary all the way to teachers I enjoyed in college. The first teacher I will be added to my PLN is my 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Triplett. She has always been my favorite teacher and was the person who sparked my passion to teach. It has been over 10 years since I was in her 3rd grade class and I still talk to her on a weekly basis about school work or just how life is in general. She is a big part of my life and with her help I know my classroom will be just as entertaining and educational as hers was.
My PLN Network

2 comments:

  1. Lucas, your post is well written and I can tell that you understand what PLN's are. Remember that Dr. Strange wants us to put embed the links you use into each post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "... I plan on using when I begin teaching..." You certainly do not have to wait until then!

    ReplyDelete